Friday, November 6, 2015

While wine mixed with Sprite

Blue Collar Wine Guide: An Experiment - Forbes:

"It was on a flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta when the lightbulb went off.

The flight attendants were coming around with the drinks cart, and a young woman in the row next to mine asked for “white wine, mixed with Sprite.” The attendant, who was a little bit older, smiled nostalgically as she prepared the drink and said “Oh… I loved doing this. It was my favorite drink ever.”

Hmm.

I’m a “wine writer” and I try very hard in this column to write about wine in a way that interests my readers. The lightbulb that went off on this flight, however, is that I don’t spend much time writing about how most people actually drink it.

Had I ever heard about mixing white wine with Sprite? Yes.

Is it something I’d admit to my colleagues that I’d actually tried myself and (GASP) enjoyed?? Probably not unless we were playing a game of “Things We Aren’t Supposed to Say.”

Well, I’m saying it."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment